Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My newest vice… Black Coffee in a Baggie!

It's just soo.. black!

 

Yes, it’s arrived. The time has come when I desire something more than just plain water. This deep, dark blob of coffee in a little sack, or as I call it, “Ice Coffee, baw sai nom, baw sai nam tahn.”

 

I still haven’t figured out why togo drinks are given in plastic baggies. Someone theorized that it makes it easier to carry when riding the motorbike. If anyone has any other theories, please feel free to share them with me.

 

The flavor of this coffee reminds me of a nice, smooth dark beer. Most good dark beers have hints of chocolate, coffee, and molasses.

 

 

I rock a thumb drive like no other ;)

I finally found someone to take a photo of me doing something instead of me on the food all the time. I know I am a bit on the fuzzy side but doesn’t that just complete my nerd look? I mean, honestly, I have my thumb drive on my neck (With the Harry Potter movies and my blogging tools..) the polo, and the big glasses. Wait, where’s my pocket protector? Pshh! Didn’t you know the thumb drive is the new pocket protector?!

 

It tastes pretty good!

Getting back to the coffee itself, I never thought I would enjoy the taste of completely black coffee. This stuff is as black as it gets. I haven’t mentioned it before, but I gave up sugar in drinks after a meditation retreat in Ukraine. We weren’t allowed any sugar in our drinks or food and the same for salt. Somehow the salt kept making it to out table each meal, but that sugar was never to be found. By the end of the week, I had no need of it in my green tea. When I came back, I think my taste buds were having this new revelation; I was tasting things in a way I hadn’t considered before.

 

The place I get my Coffee is a small restaurant called Just for Fun.. It is just to the south of That Dam, across the street from the wine house. I will feature them soon. I want to include their kitchen this time, so I am getting to know the owner.

Please bear with me while I am sorting out the map feature.

1 comment:

  1. FYI, your coffe bor sai nom, bor sai nam than is called "O liang"

    ReplyDelete